Uttarakhand, One of the most popular tourist and corporate places...
A business destination for all industries..
- Uttarakhand was formed on November 9, 2000, as the 27th state of India.
- It was formed by carving out 14 hilly districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttarakhand is strategically located and forms part of the northern boundary of the country.
- Uttarakhand is now home to several of the nation's leading industries which have a strong foothold in the manufacturing and services sectors. From being an agro-based state, it is now attracting IT and biotech companies.
- Urban infrastructure development is a priority for the state government for which it allocated US$ 20.33 million in 2005-06 and US$ 58.84 million in 2006-07. The tourism sector is considered as the major promoter of the economy.
- The government aims to place Uttarakhand on the world map as a leading destination for environmentally "sustainable and socially responsible tourism". Between the ninth and tenth five year plans, there was a 224.21 per cent increase in the budget allocated for tourism.
One of India’s foremost private sector companies with a market capitalisation of nearly US$ 15 billion
and a turnover of over US$ 4.75 billion
• Established manufacturing facility in Uttarakhand for producing soaps and shampoos
• Independent corporation that initially worked to promote development of electronics and allied
industries and services in Uttarakhand
• Currently functioning as an IT and Communication service provider to the state under administrative control of department of IT
• Tata Motors, one of the leading firms in the country in the automobile sector has set up its fourth plant in Uttarakhand
• This plant in Pantnagar has been set-up for manufacturing the firm’s mini truck named Ace
• One of the leading brands in India for two wheelers
• Established a new manufacturing plant in Haridwar Plant is intended to have a capacity of 500,000 units
• Started work for a state-of-the-art, integrated manufacturing plant near Pantnagar in Uttarakhand
• Planning to invest US$ 232.56 million to create assembly and cab facilities for 25,000 vehicles annually in the first phase
• Scheduled to go on stream in 2008-09. Phase II is expected to be operational by 2010
Mahindra & Mahindra
• Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (M&M) is a major automaker in India.
• The new plant of the company in Uttarakhand is the company’s fifth full-scale automotive plant
and has been set up primarily for the manufacture of three-wheelers of different load capacities and range
• HLL is India’s largest fast moving consumer goods company
• Hindustan Lever Limited’s (HLL) state-of-the-art personal care factory, set up with an initial investment of US$ 30.23 million in SIDCUL’s IIE in Haridwar
• One of the largest vertically integrated IT manufacturing company of India
• Launched its manufacturing facility at Rudrapur, Uttarakhand in the SIDCUL Industrial Estate.
• Overall capacity of HCL to 2 million personal computers per annum
Nestle India Ltd
• Nestle is the world’s largest and most diversified food
• Around 2,50,000 employees worldwide, 500 factories in approximately 100 countries and offers over 8,000 products universally
• Nestlé India has commissioned in 2006, its 7th factory at Pant Nagar in Uttarakhand